This agreement (the agreement) is a legal agreement between you, and either an individual or a single entity (“You, “you” or “your”), and Gavin Salter,
Australian National Tae Kwon Do or Australian Defensive Tactics (“Gavin Salter”, “Australian National Tae Kwon Do” or “Australian Defensive Tactics”),
provider of fitness, self-defence and martial arts events, courses and / or classes (“event”, “course” or “class). If you are under 18 years of age, a signed
consent of your legal guardian must be obtained.
By signing the Australian National Tae Kwon Do or Australian Defensive Tactics Membership or application form and / or taking part in an event, course
or class you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined below. Please take time to read and understand these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- You have read and understand the information regarding the event, course or class and understand that you take part in the event at your own
- It is acknowledged that Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics do NOT provide supervision at all events. Where
no supervision is provided, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian/carer to ensure all children attending the event are under
supervision of an adult guardian at all times.
- You agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials, Instructors and their personnel.
- You hereby allow the use of your name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes, and accept that you details will be
added to the Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics events database and website.
- You will be contacted by Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics from time to time in regards to upcoming events
- You herby acknowledge this waiver, release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise
engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees. This includes but is not limited
to Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics the various committees, members, and employees of all independent
contracted suppliers to the event, course or class, local and regional councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors,
employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organisers and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or
damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them.
- Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time
without notice. It is your responsibility to check the most current version of terms and conditions, published in the Australian National Tae
Kwon Do website under the ‘Events’ section.
- If any term or condition herein is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law or unenforceable, then such term or condition
may be removed without affecting the remaining terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Any failure on the part of Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics to exercise or enforce any right herein shall not
constitute a waiver of such right.
- Money paid to enrol or participate in any of Australian National Tae Kwon Do or Australian Defensive Tactics events is non-refundable. If you
are unable to attend the event, this condition may be waved so long as you provide one week written notice prior to commencement date of
enrolled course, and an alternative event is not available.
- If you participate in classes, you will be issued with an attendance card, which is your proof of attendance and payment. You must bring this to
every class. If lost any prepaid credit will be forfeited.
- You hereby agree that Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics, its directors/Instructors or nominated agent shall
not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury or death suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly arising out of any act or omission
by Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics, its directors/Instructors or nominated agent.
- You are aware of the possibility of health and safety risks associated with participating in physical exercise and consent to any reasonable
exercise which may from time to time be strenuous.
- You have made Australian National Tae Kwon Do and Australian Defensive Tactics, its directors/Instructors or nominated agents aware of any
relevant medical or health problems that you are currently or likely to suffer from and have obtained clearance from a registered medical
practitioner to participate in physical exercise (applies to males over 35 and females over 45).
- You agree to fill the Membership/Application form in full, providing complete and correct information to the best of your knowledge. In the
event that any information provided by you on the application form changes, is updated or you become aware of a physical medical condition,
it is your responsibility to notify your instructor, and to provide a new application form.
- You acknowledge sole responsibility for any personal equipment. You consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary
in the event of injury, accident or illness.